Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A parcel from Waldemar Backert and I can't open it ....

OMG! The postal guy was just here and I had to sign for a nice sized parcel.Which means small but not too small. Exactly right for some interesting miniature item. ;-) And guess what: it is from Waldemar Backert and addressed to my husband! This sneaky husband of mine has been absent for quite a time in May when we were visiting Neustadt and the miniature fair there. I didn't think anything of it at that time. But now I know what he was doing!

Do you know Waldemar Backert? This lovely, humouros man makes the most amazing miniature baskets and woven furniture. I'm already the proud owner of one of his goose carriers.

And now I ogle this little parcel and can't open it. Or can I ? lol. Nope! I can't.
This is so mean. Hubby is away on a business trip and I can't open this parcel.

http://www.backert-koerbchen.de/
This is Waldemar Backert with his amazing set from the Titanic. Click on the picture for a link to his homepage.

4 comments:

The Old Maid said...

Hahaha! Patience Christine! I am sure it will be worth waiting for!
Hugs

Ilona said...

Oh, oh, Christine.............DON'T open the parcel....:D LOL!! No I am just teasing you, but I can imagine how difficult this will be for you now. On the other hand: when does your husband come back at home? I really hope he will come soon. The furniture on the picture looks spectacular and gorgeous, WOW! I am very curious now. Please, will you show to us what was in the package ;)?
Hugs, Ilona

Giac said...

Hello Christine,
This will be an extremely difficult time for you. You must be strong and NOT open that package!
Big hug and lots of willpower,
Giac

WhimsyCottageMinis said...

How exciting! His work looks amazing. :)