Saturday, August 17, 2013

Winter Girl

The hot day's are (nearly) over here in my part of the world. It wasn't long. Only four weeks or so and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I love it when it's warm. When I can open all windows and doors in my house. When I can sit outside at 10 pm drinking a nice glass of wine and not being cold. My house doesn't have air conditioning but it's still fine. At night it was alway's cool enough to sleep.
But now it's late summer and autumn is around the corner. It's cool in the mornings and evenings, farmers are busy, the lake is getting colder. I can't just walk into it anymore. But I'm a bit of a whimp when it comes to cold water so don't listen to me. ;-)
On the other hand it's nice that it is cooling down because I can sculpt again. When it is 30+ degree (Celsius) it's hard to work with polymer clay. Trying to make fingers or faces is nearly impossible. They melt under your fingers. I don't try it even more.
But now I have created a new doll. Definitely winter theme even though I don't want it to be winter!
She is a ooak 12th scale doll handmade by me, of course. Her clothing is hand knitted, too. She has lovely curly hair (Jack Johnston has these lovely locks for sale) and dark brown German Glass eyes.
It was hard to photograph her. Her pose looks a lot nicer in reality. I already finished her sled but can't decide what or who will sit on that sled.
What do you think? A girl .... a boy .... a dog .... or just leave it a that ?



5 comments:

The Old Maid said...

She's pleased with winter, just like me! I can't wait for autumn when the days wiil be finally "normal" again.;);)
She's great!
Hugs

Drora's minimundo said...

A loud applause! She is wonderful and her pose is great. I love the clothes you made for her, especially the shoes. The sled is beautiful too.
A wonderful winter scene.
Hugs, Drora

Sans! said...

What a happy girl :)!

If she is to be sold, maybe leaving it empty for the new owner to decide will be good ? Just a suggestion :)

I love open windows and doors too and I think I do take our tropical weather for granted!

Giac said...

Hello Christine,
She is terrific. I love the happy expression on her face...I shovel the snow so I am never that happy outdoors in winter ;) I like the sled empty. She looks like she's climbing the mountain to slide back down.
Big hug,
Giac

CWPoppets said...

Thank you, guys!
Sans: If you come to visit me in January or February when it's the coldest here you will appreciate you climate, hehehe! On the other hand our four seasons can be lovely and the crisp air in autumn while walking in the woods is something I don't want to miss.
Giac: hehe, same with me here. As hubby is never at home it's me poor girl doing the shoveling. But I still love the snow ... for about 4 weeks. After that I long for summer again.
And I think you're right, I will leave the sled as it is.