Thursday, February 7, 2013

My thatched roof is finished

I've finished my roof yesterday.
So this is what I started with. A asian-style placemat from some dollar store and a grain field and reeds package for railway modelling.
 I started gluing the first row into place and wasn't sure if it would stick.

 So I was sewing the whole row into place.
And the second and the third .... I then decided that it would stick enough with the Uhu glue instead of the wood glue. ;-)
 Halfway done ...
 And tadaa ... finished! I'm going to age the roof,too. Yes, I really got that aging bug.;-)
But I think I will wait after the cow shed has been finished. To get a feeling for the whole scene.
Wish you all a happy weekend with lots of time for making miniatures.



8 comments:

Giac said...

Hello cristine,
Terrific! It looks wonderful and VERY realistic. Great technique.
Big hug,
Giac

Ilona said...

Wow great roof, Christine, thank you for sharing this method! UHU is that a German glue? Is it special glue for the reed?
The cow shed looks great with this roof :D!!
I am making some progress too. Have to "invent" a new machine of course, one of a kind ;)
Hugs, Ilona

Wyrna Christensen said...

Very nice roof you have made. It looks really good.
Hugs
Wyrna

Drora's minimundo said...

A perfectly thatched roof. Great idea and great job!
Hugs, Drora

Sans! said...

WOW! That is one hell of a great job you did ! And so clever too! Not sure if I have the patience though :).

Beautiful, beautiful roof!

CWPoppets said...

Thank you for your compliments. It wasn't difficult to make, just some patience required.:;-)
UHU is a German company which makes a lot of different glues. It's pretty expensive but I like to use it on a lot of thing.
Hehe, Ilona, I know a bit about this "ooak going to extremes".

Ascension said...

Te ha quedado fantastico, has hecho un trabajo genial,
Estoy deseando ver la escena terminada.
besitos ascension

Woolytales Miniatures said...

Dear Christine,
Thank you for your visit and your note. I came here to look for your calf but I am thinking you are working still.... cant wait to see her but I know she will sweet like her momma Martha.
hugs~