Sunday, February 17, 2013

My milking machine has arrived

Yesterday I did something which I normally don't do! I squealed in delight! :-)
Hubby came running from his office looking if I'm ok.
I'm perfectly ok! I got my little milking machine from Ilona!
I've been a follower of Ilona's blog for quite a while. So when I saw her making this wonderful little milking machine for Patricia I was immediately hooked. At that time I had a vague plan of my cow shed and this would be the cream of the crop? (or as we Germans say: the  little dot above the letter i)
Ilona agreed to make me one, too and she did. She looked at the progress of my shed and even "aged" my ... ahem Marta's ... milking machine, too. And as if that wouldn't be the best thing ever she even made me this lovely well worn blue overall that farmers here in Europe wear. "Der Bauer" will be very happy to wear it ... once he get's out of his outhouse. ;-)

You have to see the details. They are incredible. Look at them here: http://minimumloon.blogspot.de/2013/02/melktijd-milking-time.html
Thank you, Ilona!!!!
But now I have to drag myself back to bed, complaining loudly where my tea is and get this nasty flu over ... Did I mention that I'm not very gracious when it comes to being sick? I hate lying in bed doing nothing! Especially when I could do so many things miniature.
Well, can't be helped.
Wish you a nice week!
Christine

10 comments:

Drora's minimundo said...

Congratulation! Both milking machine and farmer's overall are fantastic!
Ilona's work is stunning and so is your project.
Hugs, Drora

Federbärchen said...

Huhu liebe Christine,
oh nein, ich bin ja selber ganz aus dem Häuschen, was ist denn das für ein süßes Tableau? Die Szene ist einfach der Hit, ich kann Deine Aufregung gut verstehen, die Milchmaschine ist der Knüller!!!
Gute Besserung, so ne Erlältung ist wirklich ärgerlich, aber sie vergeht auch wieder - hoffentlich schnell, ich wünsche es Dir!
Viele Grüße
Claudia

Wyrna Christensen said...

Congratulations on your milking machine has come safely. I saw it with Ilona, and yes it is an impressive good work she has done.
A speedy recovery for you.

Hugs
Wyrna

Ilona said...

Hi Christine, I see the milking machine is arrived safe and sound, thank you for showing and mentioning my blog!
I loved to make the overall for you as a little gift, enjoy :D!!
I hope you get well soon!
Hugs, Ilona

BiWuBär said...

Du hast Dir also dieses Meisterstück gesichert! ;O) Es ist einfach unfassbar, was Ilona alles hinbekommt, und in einem Realismus, der seinesgleichen sucht. Ich weiß, wovon ich spreche, ich bin dank dieser wunderbaren Blogfreundin oberstolze Besitzerin des vermutlich realistischsten Bienenstockes im Miniaturenbereich...

Gute Besserung und liebe Grüße
Birgit

Sara said...

ohhh is fantastic y beatifull, happy week.

Kikka said...

Wow, Congratulations! The milking machine is Super-fine!
Marta looks very Happy!
Hugs
Kikka

Ascension said...

Espero que pronto te mejores.
Ilona hizo una preciosa maquina, pero la tuya tambien esta fantastica.
Esa escena con el mono sucio es genial jejejeje
Entiendo el grito de alegria cuando hiciste el trabajo jejeje
besitos ascension

Sans! said...

Dearie, you can rest happy! The mean milk machine is here to do all the work for you! :)

Lady Jane said...

Love the milking machine. Hope you dont get milk on those new jeans.