Thursday, October 4, 2012

Out with the old ...



I've bought this Mini Mundus kit years ago. But somehow I'm not happy anymore with these traditional, dark furniture pieces. There are great victorian or historical dollhouses out there but it's just not my cup of tea to collect them. I'm in love with unique, unusual and/or modern miniatures and thought this would make a good modern piece as well. I just sanded it down, painted it with enamel paint and gave it square mosaic pieces for handles. It's not perfect but I love it. I could picture it in a modern dollhouse - a bit chaotic with some of the drawers open and some clothing pieces hanging out of it.

7 comments:

The Old Maid said...

Nice work Christine! I like the colours!:)
Hugs

Drora's minimundo said...

Great change! I love the results.
Hugs, Drora

Rosamargarita said...

Me gusta mucho el nuevo estilo, colores más brillantes, hermoso.
Un abrazo
GRACIAS por no tener palabra de verificación

Sans! said...

With your touches, a mundane ordinary piece can be made outstanding!

Ascension said...

Te ha quedado precioso, me encantan esos colores.
besitos ascension

Giac said...

Hello Cristine,
It looks great. You did a wonderful jo painting. it looks like a piece of furniture that has a lot of stories to tell. what a great way to breath new life into a classic piece. well done!
hugs,
Giac

MALINIK said...

It's really nice Christine. Love the result
Ina :)