Friday, May 18, 2012

And the Oscar goes to ....

ME !!!!!
Yes, here he is. That's my Oscar:

I have (again) won the "Max Oscar Arnold Kunstpreis" (art price) for dolls in Neustadt bei Coburg in the category "miniature doll". And here is the doll I sent in:
Like last year the doll artists were treated to a nice evening with the first and third mayor of the town giving us our Oscar's, speeches, music and a buffet. There was some local politician attending and I don't know how many journalists.
Here is the official photo for the newspapers. This time they were counting us before they took the photo. I'm not sure if it was because last year I was late for the official photo ...how embarrassing... lol. 
And here a collection of other participants and winners in different categories:


Unfortunately, there are fewer doll artists participating year after year.
So, if you are a doll artist, do participate! You can send your dolls in (they really take very good care of them) but you have to be able to get to Germany in May (in case you win). It is definitely worth it. The whole area is famous for their doll and toy industry. The whole week is full of events around dolls/toy's. There are three Toy and Doll Museums within 15 minutes, a lot of companies like Goebel (Hummel) open their outlet stores. You can mingle with like minded people ...
But more of this in my next post.

11 comments:

Ascension said...

Felicidades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Te lo mereces eres la mejor!!!!!!
besitos ascension

Drora's minimundo said...

Congratulations for your well deserved Oscar! Your work is fantastic.
Hugs, Drora

Anonymous said...

Huhu Christine,
ich freu mich so für Dich, was für eine tolle Anerkennung und Auszeichnung Deiner Arbeit! Den Preis hast Du Dir wirklich verdient!
Herzlichen Glückwunsch und weiter soooo!
Viele Grüße
Claudia

Federbärchen said...

Huhu Christine,
ich freu mich so für Dich, was für eine tolle Anerkennung und Auszeichnung Deiner Arbeit! Den Preis hast Du Dir wirklich verdient!
Herzlichen Glückwunsch und weiter soooo!
Viele Grüße
Claudia

Sans! said...

Oooooh you won for the pumpkin man!! Love that piece.

I love your Oscar too :). When I get to Germany, will you let me hold it to take a picture? :):)

MALINIK said...

Christine, congratulations for the Oscar, great job!:)))

CWPoppets said...

Thanks, guys! I can't tell you how happy I am.
Sans: You can hold him the whole time you visit me. I'm not the jealous kind of woman. But he has to stay in my house ... hehe ;-)

Woolytales Miniatures said...

Christine, this is Wonderful!!!! I am thrilled for you. It is a "good" pride to feel so happy when honored this way. I truly hope that your heart is smiling today!!!!grin
I wish you had said which one is YOU on the picture. It is sonics to meet face to face with the artist...grin
A big war hug on your way.....smiles

Anonymous said...

I am normally just an observer when it comes to blogs, but this genuinely made me desire to leave a comment. Excellent work!

Woolytales Miniatures said...

Chris , I love your little old couple that you have on eBay. Old people and children are my favorite sin miniatures....don't know why exactly!grin!

The Old Maid said...

I don't know why but I couldn't comment on your posts for a whil so belated but honest: Congrats!:)