Saturday, February 11, 2012

Old Master's minified - The Pumpkin Seller by Hermann Kern

Right from the beginning of my dollmaking "career" I made dolls from paintings or statues that I liked.
I haven't done any for a long time but when I saw this painting by Hermann Kern (called the pumpkin seller) I immediately knew I would like to replicate it in 3D.

So off I went shopping for a nice table. I found this beautiful white table and it took me some to paint it brown. I have never distressed furniture but I must admit it is quite fun.

I also am not doing food in polymer clay. I leave that to people who really know what they do. :-)
But after painting the table it just had to be filled with something. So here I am making pumpkins, watermelons, peaches .... And then I needed a basket. I'm sure you know what I did. It is far from perfect. But I like it. And when the table was still to empty for my taste I made a little wooden crate with tiny mosaic tiles.


Now the only thing missing is the Pumpkin Seller. ... lol

3 comments:

The Old Maid said...

Can't wait for him!! Is he lying behind the table? LOL!
Hugs

CWPoppets said...

Yes, it's him. I didn't want to mention it! He doesn't look very dignified ... lol.

Sans! said...

The pumpkin seller has fallen from the table ...that picture was very funny, Christine!

Great job for a 1st try. I am sure your pumpkin seller will be superb!