Thursday, November 3, 2011

cloth body experiments

I prefer some of my dolls to be posable. What I don't like is the pipe cleaner solution. I did that with my very first dolls but I alway's fear that the break easily. I also think that the arms and legs look too bulky and coarse.
For the last two weeks I've been trying out different patterns to get realistic looking cloth bodies. I started with anatomy pictures and made patterns from it. It is really really difficult as it is a matter of millimeters between a fat woman and a skinny one. Phew ...

5 comments:

Lady Jane said...

This does look like a lot of work and will they be posable like you want? Interesting to follow as I have used the pipe cleaner method but with boughtened heads and torsos. Have fun. Cheers, LJ

Sans! said...

When I first started collecting dolls, I also wanted mine to be posable. But I realised soon after that posable dolls have their limitations (always having to wear long sleeves and long pants or skirts) and don't look as good as fixed pose dolls especially if they are made by artisans. Precisely as you have pointed out - that their arms etc look bulky.

I will be very interested in how you work around this,

Ascension said...

Seguro que lo consigues, es verdad que un cuerpo de muñeco tiene que ser lo mas real posible para que sea precioso.
Buena suerte.
besitos ascension

MALINIK said...

Looks like a lot of work! I looking forward to see a finished one!
Ina :)

Eliana said...

I have enjoyed your blog and became a follower.
Hugs