Wednesday, October 19, 2011

foal and experiments with air drying clay




I do have a hard time finding new air drying clay as my stack of creative paperclay is dwindling.
I can't buy this brand here in Germany ... at least not without going broke. So I try every air drying clay that is available in Germany. This animal is made with efa plast classic from Fimo. It is not my favourite one while wet or drying. It is very heavy and strangely cold to the touch at first. But I love it when it's dry. I've never had so much fun carving and  sanding something afterwards.
I also did try Fimo air natural which is very coarse. I think it would be ideal for structured walls and floors, maybe. I'll try it with my next room box project and will tell you.
And then there was darwi extralight. After half an hour working with it my hands and everything around my workplace were so sticky from that clay it looked a mess. The only thing where it didn't stick was the poor donkey I tried to make... lol ... I couldn't make a foto as I didn't want my camera to become sticky.

3 comments:

Sans! said...

LOL! Ok that is very funny about the sticky clay :). Your pony is very pretty ! :)

Ascension said...

Es una verdadera maravilla, te ha quedado fantastico y muy real, enhorabuena.
besitos ascension

MALINIK said...

Your donkey is so sweet!