Monday, August 8, 2011

Reupholstering an old chair

I do have this old room box standing in a corner of my studio unloved. It is one of my first miniature scene's back when I didn't even made my own dolls. Ok, ok ... I'll tell you. ;-) 13 or 14 years ago.
It is a gentleman's office and although I wasn't to bad in making the room box it's a bit boring. It was at the time where Prado sold this horrible cheap stuff every week and I was looking forward to buying it every Thursday.
Last week I was looking at my little room box already thinking of throwing it away. But somehow I can't do it. The furniture was done by me from pretty good quality kits and the room box itself has a lovely wooden floor. So now I'm upholstering the chair with a nice dark blue fabric, I'll be sewing curtain's (strange enough I never had any in this room) and I beautified the ugly book case, too.


2 comments:

MALINIK said...

Always a great idea to renovate! Please, pictures when is ready!
Ina :D

Ascension said...

Seguro que te quedara una preciosa escena,
Me encantan esos muebles y la silla quedara genial tapizada en azul.
besitos ascension