Monday, August 15, 2011

Bregenz Festival

Even though this summer is cold and rainy I'm busy going to a lot of festivals and enjoying my summer.
Last friday I had the luck to be invited to the Bregenz Festival. The festival is pretty famous here in Europe with a spectacular stage on the lake Constance. This year they performed the opera "Andre Chenier", a story about  tragic love (it's always about love, isn't it?) at the time of the french revolution. It wasn't the best opera I have seen so far but the stage was really interesting and I did love the costumes. They had traditional costumes with a funny twist like the fabric or wearing fluffy red sheep as a head piece. I also was treated to a behind the scene's tour and a nice dinner and best of all: we had 30 degree C and sunshine!




2 comments:

Federbärchen said...

Liebe Christine,
das sieht nach einem tollen Ausflug aus! Die Bühne direkt im Wasser ist schon spektakulär!
Danke für die Fotos!
Liebe Grüße von Claudia

Sans! said...

I absolutely love the stage!