Saturday, July 2, 2011

black currant jam

We have two huge black currant shrubs in our garden. Usually I pass them with my nose in wrinkles. Do you know how black currant smells? I think the smell is overwhelming and not nice at all. So I already contemplated taking these shrubs out and put in some other, nicer smellings shrubs or trees.
So last week I found a recipe for black currant jam which I thought was really interesting.
The recipe is so simple that I thought it doesn't matter to give it a try. If I don't like it I can throw it in the bin.
So, here the recipe:
1. gather as much berries as you have or like (or can buy ... lol).4 year old and I picked 230 gram which was enough for about 2 smaller glasses.
2. put them in a bowl and weigh them.
3. add the same amount of (regular) sugar and mix it till it is liquid.
4. fill the sterilized glasses with the jam and put them in the fridge as soon as it has cooled down enough.

You have to eat the jam within five days as it is not cooked.  It tastes slightly sour but as my family loves sour we "devoured" our jam within three day's. ;-)

Oh, and look at my lovely new garden clogs handmade from a little company in Berlin. Aren't they lovely? And they are even comfy! Go to Dawanda and have a look.
And ignore this curious dog nose. I alway's have some nose in my pictures. I can't avoid it. They are alway's around me.



 Wish you a nice Sunday!
Christine

3 comments:

Federbärchen said...

Huhu Christine,
mmmmhhhhh, Deine Marmelade sieht so lecker aus, ein einfaches aber umso geschmackvolleres Rezept! Da hätte ich mir auch gerne ein frisches Brot geschmiert! Hihi, die Hundenase habe ich auch gleich entdeckt :-), wäre aber sicher nicht nach seinem Geschmack gewesen, dieses rohe Obst!
Deine Garten-Clogs sehen toll aus, so frühliche Farben, danke für den Tipp!
Viele Grüße von Claudia

Ascension said...

Esa mermelada se ve deliciosa, seguro que la disfruto mucho tu niño jejeje
Bonitas zapatillas de verano!!!
besitos ascension

Sans! said...

May try the blackcurrant jam. Do you guys have Ribena? It's yumms ! :)

Love those clogs too!