Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Missy, the Pink Poodle

Before I"ll start with my second camel I had to do something else.
So here is the result. It's a pink poodle. Do not ask me how I got that idea. I don't even like the colour pink very much.
She is 1:12th scale, made of polymer clay and then flocked and furred with wool.
Cockerina: The camel has been flocked with real baby camel hair. Flocking is a method where one cuts wool (or any fibre) into tiny pieces, nearly dust. It is then applied onto the figure with glue. That's pretty much it.
I'm just a beginner with this technique myself. But when I'm getting better with my animals I will make a tutorial, promised!

5 comments:

MALINIK said...

Love the color!
Ina

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

Cute! A tutorial would be great, I need flocking tips. I did 3 cats and they didn't get better LOL

Victoria ♥

Ascension said...

A mi me parece que esta preciosa tu perrita, seguro que a cualquier niña le encantaria tener una asi.
Estoy deseando que subas el tutorial, me encantaria aprender a hacer algun animalito con pelo.
GRACIAS!!!!!!!!!!!
besitos ascension

Sans! said...

I love it when you go a little crazy, Christine! And I mean it in a very good way :)

Pink Poodle :). She is too cute :)

And real baby camel hair for your camel? WOW!

CLARA said...

Preciosa esta perrita. Me parece una tecnica muy dificil. Los camellos están perfectos.
Besos Clara.