Sunday, February 6, 2011

Justaucorps and the gentleman

I've made a prototype for one of my new 1/2th scale dolls. It is called a justaucorps and was worn over centuries in different slightly altered versions. This one was worn in the 17th century. I found the pattern online and tried to get it together. There was no explanation so I had to puzzle it together. I've been using a really fancy fabric for this one and stitched golden beads to the front, back and sleeves.
And here is the Gentleman waiting for his long vest, justaucorps, a bit of makeup and his wig.

6 comments:

Trudie said...

Love the outfit, very dignified.

The Old Maid said...

Great outfit! Can't wait to see this doll dressed up:)

Janice said...

Beautiful work. The back is gorgeous.

WeeLittleWest / Kathy Olaf-Obrenski said...

Your miniatures are so great I have become one of your followers. I also make miniatures. Please visit my blog. http://weelittlewest.blogspot.com/

Sans! said...

Christine, this is a stunning creation! I love all the little buttons and the fabric used is perfect. I love flare sleeves too .

Your guy really needs those clothes! ;p

Federbärchen said...

Liebe Christine,
zieh den armen Mann bloß schnell an, der friert bestimmt schon ganz dolle!
Das Kostüm ist einfach ne Wucht, mir fällt nur ein Wort dazu ein: WUNDERSCHÖN!
Viele Grüße von Claudia