Friday, February 25, 2011

First Camel finished

So, here my progress of flocking a camel ... five hours later ...
what was I thinking ????
So, here I am .... 8 hours later ...
nooooo ....
and here I am .... twelve hours into flocking a camel !!!
Phew ! There is an end to it after all !
Here the finished "product". Tata !!! 
Made of air drying clay with an armature underneath, lacquered, painted, flocked, got his eye lashes and finally his leash and bags!

Scuttling off to share some furball kibble with my cat...

12 comments:

MALINIK said...

Wow, you spent lot of hours, but at the final it comes great!!!
Ina

Mooghiscath said...

génial !

The Old Maid said...

FANTASIC!!! Well worth every hour of flocking!:)

Karin said...

das ist super geworden. TOLL!
Liebe Grüße
karin

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

He is beautiful! Flocking is hard, I tried to flock some plastic cats...huge mess LOL.

Victoria ♥

cockerina said...

OMG! is fantastic! is worth many hours of work!
forgive my ignorance about animals in miniature ... but with what you have covered the body of the camel? wool?? What material is it? how do you divide into clumps, so small? I'm curious like a monkey, sorry! :))
thanks for your kind reply!
good weekend!
Caterina

minimami said...

Wow, the result is amazing!

Ascension said...

FANTASTICO!!!!!
Qu gran trabajo has hecho, enhorabuena.
besitos ascension

Federbärchen said...

Hallo Christine, es hat sich jede einzelne Minute gelohnt! Das Kamel sieht umwerfend aus! Wirklich ein tolles Kunstwerk!
Viele Grüße von Claudia

Liberty Biberty said...

I'd say it was well worth all those hours of flocking, your camel looks very handsome and happy!
Mercedes

Sans! said...

Oh Christine, I knwo I wouldn't be disappointed ! It's as if I was there with you on the 8th , 12th hour except I am watching your progress with coffee while you are slaving :):). Beautiful job, really really :). You should be proud!

malu2 said...

Te felicito por tu trabajo,magnifico!!!!Besos.