Saturday, January 29, 2011

Black Forest Hat / Bollenhut

This is a black forest hat in 1/12th scale. It's called a Bollenhut in German. There are not really a lot of woman in the Black Forest wearing it because it has never be worn outside of a really small region within the black forest. But it is a very nice looking hat and many people in the world recognize it.
I've tried to make it as authentic as possible. The red pompons are worn by unmarried women. If they are married they wear hats with black pompons. The pompons are really that big in real!

5 comments:

The Old Maid said...

I have never heard about these hats but this one is beautiful! Like it very much!:)

Sans! said...

What a quaint little hat, Christine! But the pompoms are probably a little too loud for me :).

CWPoppets said...

Even so I do wear a Dirndl (I'm Bavarian after all!) I wouldn't wear this hat in real life either. But my dolls don't have a say in what they wear ... lol.

minimami said...

I like it! Very stylish!

Ascension said...

Es precioso y muy original, me encanta.
besitos ascension