Monday, November 8, 2010

Medieval kitchen

I've made this kitchen a couple of years ago. As I 'm not really practiced with woodworking  I alway's try to find alternatives that I can use. In this case I bought some coffee cups in a nice wooden crate. Oh how I miss my monthly Costo shopping trip.. sigh! There was alway's something for me to buy. Well, I'm saving a lot of money without Costco. That's for sure... lol.
But back to my little kitchen. I took the coffe mug crate and altered it with paper clay, acrylic paints and wooden strips to make this little roombox. The floor was made from very thin polymer clay squares glued to the wood.
Unfortunately my last overseas move was to much for my roombox and I had to "renovate" it.
I added some items like the washing bucket and the wood for the oven to make it look more crowded and  comfy.
 But somehow I never got the right angle to show all the mice that are having a great time in my kitchen ... except for the one in the mouse trap.

3 comments:

The Old Maid said...

That is a very pretty kitchen!:)

Federbärchen said...

Huhu Christine,
die Küche ist der absolute Hammer, ich finde sie wunderbar und perfekt gestaltet - Kompliment!
Wünsche Euch einen schönen Urlaub :-)!
Viele Grüße von Claudia

miniaturist59 said...

Gorgeous work!!!!!