Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sea Lion

This sea lion is 1:12th scale. I made him with an air drying clay called "Delight" from Paperclay. I always like to try different materials and after using creative paperclay which I really liked I bought this new air drying clay. I do like that it is so smooth and white and lightweight. It is nice to work with when it's wet but is is not possible to carve when it's dry.It's also not too nice to sand it afterwards. They also claim that it can be mixed with colours but when I tried it I got some squashy (is that even a word?) mess. So bear that in mind! Because I forgot it .... ;-)

3 comments:

Ascension said...

Te ha quedado fenomenal!!!!
Esa pasta es de secado al aire no?
Sera mas dificil de manejar que el sculpey o el fimo?
besitos ascension

CWPoppets said...

Sí, es de secado al aire
It is completely different to work with. I like to work with it when I make animals or bigger things.
liebe Gruesse
Christine

Barbara said...

Is so sweetie!!congrats for your little creations!
Barbara!;-)