Tuesday, July 13, 2010

red fox and another sea lion

I've been in "critter mood" lately. My newest addition is this little red fox. He is 1:12th scale. I made him of polymer clay and furred him with mohair.


I also made another sea lion. I found a lovely picture of a baby sea lion lying in the sand like a puppy. As I wanted to compare the painted version with a furred one I thought that's perfect. I'm not happy with the furred one though. Maybe it's because I don't have any practice with applying fur but it's not as shiny as I wanted it to be and he looks a bit mangy.

3 comments:

Ascension said...

Me encanta ese zorro colorado, te ha quedado maravilloso, parece tan real!!!
El bebe de lobo marino yo creo que es muy dificil hacerlo con pelo, porque no se consigue el brillo que tienen en la realidad, seguramente es uno de los animales que habria que dejar solo con arcilla de polimero.
Prueba a hacer otro sin pelo y comparalo.
Me encanta tu trabajo y ver como te atreves a todo.
besitos ascension

Robin Andreae said...

I love your fox and seal! Great work!

Peach Blossom Hill said...

Wonderful 'critters' as we call them in the south! The fox is wonderful leaping!

Jody