Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I won the lottery

No, I didn't really won the lottery. But it feels like it.
Because I've been invited to Dubai. Yep, that's right. Dubai!
Two weeks ago I got an email asking me if I would like to come to Dubai and exhibit my dolls. All expenses paid. Now you will think "oh stupid woman, don't you know how spam works".
To defend myself: Yes, I know. And my first reaction was to mark that email as spam. OK, I have to admit that 10 minutes later curiosity got the better of me and I read it again. You never know! And then I googled around. This is real. Last year there was an doll exhibit in Dubai for their yearly summer surprise festival.
Can you believe that ? So I will head to Dubai June 25th to July 10th and show off my dolls. Oh what a hardship.
I hope that every one waiting for their packages will forgive me for being late. I'll ship this week promised. But I was already busy packing my dolls, making new ones, being hysterical ....

6 comments:

Janice said...

Good for you. What a super opprtunity. Enjoy every minute.

CWPoppets said...

Oh, I will Janice. I'm so looking forward to meet other doll artist and to experience a show. I've never done that before. And I will post lots of pictures here, of course.

Ascension said...

No me lo puedo creer!!!!
Tan lejos te vas? ten mucho cuidado.
Pasatelo genial, seguro que tienes mucho exito, te lo mereces!!!!
besitos ascension

Roz & Aidy said...

Hello and snap!!! we got the same email and went through the same process as you! A huge congratulations and see you in Dubai ;o) by the way I am Roz and are you the person who I am to do weekend talks with??? LOL
Roz
xx

dale said...

CW, wow! That's incredible! How exciting. Oh, I hope you take lots of pictures and share them with us all. :)

I'm going on a little trip around the same time to Singapore to meet up with a blogging friend, Sans, not sure if you know her and hopefully meet up with four of our MIDS team mates. :)

Peach Blossom Hill said...

I got invited too but probably don't have enough to even show if I did get to go! Let me know how it is! I would love, love, love to go!

Jody