Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Look what I got !

My mom gave me this wonderful gift. An original old Singer sewing machine! She inherited it from her mom and now it belongs to me. She knows that I love things like that so she didn't sell it and kept it for the last 10 years just for me. I only had to sand the top and finished it with shellac.
I won't use the machine (even though it's still working fine and is hidden underneath the table).
I have a cheap but nice sewing maching I won't trade it for an expensive I-can-do-all machine. Ok .. maybe if it can clean my house we can re-negotiate...
At 3th grade I had to learn how to use a sewing machine like that. I either concentrated on sewing ...which resulted in me pedalling like crazy ..faster and faster (imagine the result). Or I did concentrate on finding the right tact with the pedals (imagine the poor fabric I was torturing).
But here it is. My lovely little sewing station in my studio. Lucky me.

2 comments:

Ascension said...

Enhorabuena por esa maravilla, mi mama tambien me regalo una muy antigua, pero el problema es que yo no se coser jejejejeje
Pero me encanta tenerla en casa.
besitos ascension

Peach Blossom Hill said...

I have my grandmother's old Singer also! Aren't they a treasure?!

Jody