Thursday, April 29, 2010

Life

Life has a tendency to eat me up ! There is alway's so much to do, so much to take care of, so much responsibility, so much to worry about ! I do not really have a reason to complain, because I'm on the sunny side of life. I have a wonderful family (even my inlaws are tolerable ... sometimes :-) ) and I have everything I ever wished for.
But ... there is always a but isn't there? ... this week was especially hard for me.
I was working, I was angry about family matters, I had to drag furniture around like I'm some professional mover, I didn't get enough sleep, my little boy is struggling with violence in kindergarden ... for short: I'm completely exhausted and depressed.
So with all these things going on I didn't have time to look around the internet for three days.
And you know what I got my share of hapiness today. I had so many emails in my email at first I thought spam is ruling the world. But these emails were written from people telling me how they like my dolls and miniatures, about inviting me into their dolls clubs, asking me for a tutorial and most astonishing about giving me something without asking anything in return.

Two weeks ago I fell in love with the beautiful flowers of some other miniaturist. (I'm pretty sure she doesn't want her name published so I won't tell it) The flowers reminded me of my childhood and I thought about making a tiny little garden. I haven't made any miniatures for myself for years but I just saw this little garden scene in front of my eyes. So I asked her if she would like to swap with me. I offered her to make something for her of she just can pick something from my shop. And you know what: she just asked for my address and said she will make this wonderful flowers for me. And she is not asking for anything in return.
Not that I will accept that, of course !
But this made me so happy. It's not about money, it's not about getting something in return, it's just about making something wonderful for someone else's pleasure. So let me sneak into my studio and let me make something, too.

2 comments:

Peach Blossom Hill said...

I feel overwhelmed at times, too. So much to do and so little time to get it all done, family matters, etc. Glad you got those e-mails--I bet they were from members of the MSAT doll list on Yahoo? Someone there 'discovered' your work and posted about it. They are the warmest, most helpful, dedicated group of ladies and if I ever post a question there, I get at least three or four e-mails helping me out!

Jody

CWPoppets said...

I got mentioned at the MSAT group ? I didn't know about this. Yet another surprise. Thanks for telling me, Jody.