Monday, October 26, 2009

Manchester


One thing that I really love about living in the middle of Europe is the fact that nothing is far. I can be in Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Czech Republic or Luxembourg within two hours by car. Everything else can be reached within two hours by plane. Plus it's really cheap.
So I decided to make best use of it and go at least twice a year for a short trip to some place I haven't been before.
As DH had a flight from Calgary to Manchester I thought we could meet there. So this was the first weekend trip. Three-year-old went to his grandparent's place, doggy and cat came to grandpa no. 2.
And I can tell you it was worth it. We had a slight problem with DH being stuck in Calgary for 16 hours longer than expected but I had a nice relaxing flight. I even got some edible food which DH didn't on his longhaul flight. :-)
We strolled around downtown, had nice breakfasts, went into pubs ( I love pubs!) and did some shopping.
We definitely will do this again in the near future.

No comments: